[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Now that you’ve set up your Snapchat profile, you are ready to start sending Snaps!
Snapchat uses the front and back facing cameras so you can send selfies, or images of what’s in front of you. You can also send short, up to 10 second, videos!
One of the most fun features available to Snapchat users is the “Snapchat Filter”
This function allows users to change the look of their photo by swiping the screen to the left or right. There are 10 standard filters on Snapchat. You can choose between colour filters, current weather, time, speed or geo filters for the area you are located in, such as city or event. By swiping either left or right you can alter the look of your filter.
You can see on this simple filter the temperature at the time I took the snap. A super fun way to add some personality to your photos, and show people how HOT or COLD it actually is where you are rather than just complaining about it!
Want to add some interesting accessories to your selfies? Why not try out the “Selfie Filters”?
Here is a super easy step by step to have a riot making a photo just like this one:
- Using the selfie camera, centre your face on the screen
- Touch and hold your finger on your face until the grid appears over your face
- Selfie Filters appear at the bottom swipe left or right to choose the filter you want to apply to your image
- Follow the instructions on the screen to activate your filter. Some will have rainbows shooting out of your mouth!
- Press the Snap button to take a photo or press and hold to take a short video with your chosen filter.
It’s that easy!
Don’t forget to either download your image by pressing the arrow pointing down or add it to your Snap Story by pressing the box with the plus sign in it.
You can also send out your image to one person or a few people without adding it to your Snap Story. In the bottom right corner you will see an animated arrow pointing right, pressing this will take you to your friends list and you can pick and choose who will get your latest Snap!
Here are some more of the fun filters currently available!
Now it’s time to get Snapping and sending out your alter ego using the Snapchat filters!
Stay tuned! Tip number 3 is coming up![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]